From SEO to content marketing to social media, here are the digital marketing insights that turned our heads this week, including a look at the best marketing campaigns so far for 2016 and how to select the perfect domain name.
- What’s the key to choosing the perfect domain name for your business or publication? Get advice from Rand Fishkin (@randfish) on Moz Whiteboard Friday.
- If you’ve experienced a rankings drop, it’s time for some SEO 911. Let Ian Bowden (@bowdeni86) explain how to diagnose the problems causing your plummeting search rankings and drops in organic traffic via a handy checklist.
- Is Google hyperlocalizing its Google Maps results in preparation for selling paid maps packs? Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) speculates.
- If you’re neglecting this single ingredient in your content marketing, you’re hurting your search results, failing to build readership, and hurting sales. Kathryn Aragon (@KathrynAragon) serves up some truth.
- Everyone says it’s the era of content marketing. These 20 stats from Julia McCoy (@JuliaEMcCoy) explain why.
- Want to see some of the year’s best examples of content marketing in action? Check out what these eight brands are doing, courtesy of Neil Patel (@neilpatel).
- Are you keeping an eye on analytics to ensure past content isn’t expired? Sasha Fedkevich (@sashafedkevich) at Digital Current explains why you need to clean up stale and underperforming content before it starts to hurt your search rankings.
- What is performance-based pricing, and how will it affect agencies, influencers, and businesses? Lucinda Southern (@Lucy28Southern) discusses how in the future, influencers will have to deliver results before they can collect cash.
- Are you paying your influencers too much for not enough in measurable returns? Francis Trapp (@samson10785) discusses the rising cost of influencer marketing.
- Influencer marketing can deliver great results, but it can be tough to get your company’s decision-makers on board. Todd Cameron (@redfoxstrategy) has some tips for winning them over.
- Kevin Cotch (@KCotch) reveals 21 conversion rate optimization tools to turn visitors into customers.
- Do you have an amazing social media presence and a high-traffic website, yet you still aren’t making a profit? Check out these nine little-known conversion rate optimization tricks from Ehsan Jahandarpour (@jahandarpour).
- You know you should be testing your site’s conversion prowess, but where do you start? Aaron Agius (@iamlouderonline) asks 20 conversion experts to find out the answers.
- Everyone encounters trolls in their social media feeds. For some publishers, trolling is making it impossible to engage with customers, John Delaney (@MoFoSocMedia) reports.
- Check out these six browser extensions, recommended by Greg Daily (@gjdaily), that will simplify your social media marketing efforts.
- Needs some new ideas for your social media and digital media marketing? Follow Courtney Seiter (@CourtneySeiter) as she shares 28 campaigns and experiments to inspire your efforts.
…And a Little Something Extra
Are you seeing more and more live videos on Facebook and other channels? Curious about how live streaming could benefit your brand? Check out this Livestreaming 101 guide from David Koji (@TheRealDaveKoji).
At Digital Current, we gather up the web’s best marketing content so you don’t have to! Check back next week for our roundup of the latest digital media marketing stories, and subscribe to our newsletter.