From how-to articles to lists and more, we’ve collected some of the best marketing tips the web had to offer last week, covering topics like 30 content marketing tools, 25 power words for social media marketing, and more. Let’s dive right in on the latest digital marketing content.
- When you run a multi-location business, duplicate content becomes a big local SEO concern. Joy Hawkins (@joyannehawkins) gives you the lowdown on finding unique ways to promote every location in search.
- If you’re optimizing for local search, you have to do better than putting locations and keywords on repeat within your text. Greg Gifford (@greggifford) discusses how to write better content for local SEO.
- You’ve requested a link from a webmaster or publisher. How much should you follow up before giving up? Julie Joyce (@JulieJoyce) explains how to follow up on link requests when you’re getting the cold shoulder.
- Does getting more reviews generate higher search rankings? Casey Meraz (@caseymeraz) discusses Moz’s latest data on local search ranking factors.
- Ever wondered how to put together an SEO audit for your website? Brian Honigman (@BrianHonigman) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) has you covered.
- Check out these 30+ tools to make content marketing easier, faster, and more effective, as compiled by Ann Gynn (@anngynn).
- Create one killer piece of content and repurpose it not once, but 10 times. Emily King (@ek6891) tells you how to get more plays from one piece of content.
- Should e-commerce businesses invest in blogging? According to Rob Mening (@RobMening), it’s an SEO must. He explains how to use your e-commerce blog posts support link building and other SEO tactics.
- Are you ready to push beyond generic how-to content? Create content that tells a story with these six essential storytelling tips from Jennifer Smoldt (@JenSmoldt).
- When you own a startup, you may have a limited budget for content marketing. Tamar Weiss (@tamarweiss) explains how to get big business results from small business content marketing.
- Everyone, including Google, says responsive design is essential for mobile websites. Talia Wolf (@taliawolf) says maybe not — in some cases, responsive design could actually be hurting your conversions.
- Is your mobile checkout keeping visitors from converting into paying customers? Try these tips from Ari Gillam to create a smooth mobile checkout experience.
- You could potentially double the revenue you’re getting from your cart abandonment campaigns. Tom Krawiec (@tkrawiec) explains and gives you a step-by-step process for closing those sales.
- Announcing 25 remarkable words destined to boost your social media engagement. We just used a few of them; Andrew Raso (@AndrewRaso1) has the rest.
- Looking to get more Instagram engagement? Check out these essential Instagram tools, compiled by Matthew Toren (@matthewtoren).
- You can do a lot more than face swap to get traction with Snapchat. Check out these eight Snapchat content ideas from Joanne Sweeney-Burke (@tweetsbyJSB).
…And a Little Something Extra
- Is your business really data-driven and customer centric? When you’re ready to honestly answer that question, you’ll find this interview with digital marketing thought leader Stephane Hamel (@SHamel67) enlightening.
Tune in every week to peruse our compilation of great digital marketing content from around the web. To get the latest blog posts from Digital Current’s crack team of marketing experts, subscribe to our newsletter.