About The Role
This isn’t your typical Sr. SEO Strategist job posting. Well, there’s bullet lists of requirements and skills you’ll need to succeed down below, so, in that sense, it may be typical. But once you meet us, you’ll understand why we’re so excited to grow our team … and hopefully welcome you to the team, too!
We’re obviously looking for someone with all the buzzwords: “passion,” “data ninja skills,” “magic.” But at the end of the day, we want to work with someone who totally gets SEO. You know what’s happening in the industry, you keep up with all the SEO Twitter feuds (#MozControversy, anyone?), you know the tools inside and out. Oh, and you better have strong opinions about what works, what doesn’t … and be able to explain why clearly.
You’ll be client-facing, so you’ll need to carry yourself well. Plus, we’re a pretty friendly bunch here at Digital Current, so if you’re not into the whole “being social” thing, this might not be the gig for you.
You’ve got to be curious and constantly wanting to learn more and improve yourself. That’s why you’re looking for a job in the first place, right?
You’ll work closely with other digital marketing teams here (content, authority, account services, working collaboratively is an absolute must.
- Think beyond tactical SEO execution to deliver high-level strategic recommendations for custom-tailored, best-in-class SEO for each client
- Help clients establish organic search KPIs that matter to their unique business goals and provide actionable strategies to help them reach these goals
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan, implement and improve account performance aligned with client goals and initiatives
- Develop reports that showcase the results and identify opportunities for improvement
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and success of efforts, measuring actual results against desired outcomes
- Execute complex SEO deliverables (technical analysis, keyword strategy, backlink analysis, etc.) and other deliverables as needed
- Drive innovation and implement testing strategies to continually uncover opportunities for optimization, enhance learning, and improve performance
- Find opportunities to improve the team, the company, our processes, and our clients, and take initiative to make them happen. Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude, unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- Educate clients and internally on best practices and overall education of SEO
- Have a solid understanding of how marketing channel strategies work together, including paid search, social media, mobile marketing, PR and email marketing.
- Experience developing, managing, executing and measuring SEO programs for medium-to-large brands and ecommerce websites
- PPC experience managing campaigns
- Client-facing experience at an agency
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills and the ability to effectively convey what’s most relevant and meaningful for various audiences within the client organization including the C-suite, marketing team, finance and IT teams, in a clear and understanding way.
- Excellent knowledge of search engine criteria/algorithm updates (Panda, Penguin, Pigeon)
- Ability to identify and recommend solutions to technical hurdles including page elements, CMS and server related issues.
- Strong experience with industry standard tools (Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Moz, SEMrush, Compete, etc.)
- Ability to manage and prioritize many clients and deadlines concurrently, while also managing internal and external expectations for workload.
- 6+ years of experience in SEO executing organic search campaigns
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- You’ve made it to the end of the bullet lists, we’re so super impressed. Tell us the secret word when we chat (it’s “Maui,” because, why not?) and we’ll be even more impressed!
Reasons to apply
- You’re super smart, and we want to work with super smart people.
- You’ll have opportunities to make real change and have an impact on the way we execute
- You’ll be part of a team that values your opinion and will give you a voice.
- We have clear career growth plans — we want you to stick around for a long while!
- We have some of the typical agency perks you might be familiar with — catered lunches, quarterly team building outings, shared company Spotify playlist (updated monthly, so you better have some songs ready to add!), PTO, health and dental benefits, etc. (we can talk more about all this good stuff when we chat).
If you’ve made it this far, we assume you’re still interested. Think you’d be a good fit? We’d love to meet you and learn more about you and your experience. Plus, we imagine you have a few questions for us, too. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Can’t wait to chat soon!