News about how small and medium-sized businesses leverage content marketing to compete with much bigger corporations — and more of the best digital marketing content we saw this week.
- Adam Dorfman (@phixed) gives you the lowdown on why Google and other sites are collecting business attributes and the search rankings benefits of managing your Google My Business attributes correctly.
- EBay is the latest business to experiment with Google’s Accelerated Mobile Platform. What’s the latest, and could AMP benefit your website? Find out more from Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick).
- IBM’s Patrick Stox (@patrickstox) says that when it comes to hiring an SEO specialist, businesses have to be on the lookout for practices that could hurt their search rankings. Make sure you’re hiring one of the good guys to implement your digital marketing strategies.
- “Local content is David’s slingshot to Goliath’s plate of armor.” Ronell Smith (@RonellSmith) makes the case for how content marketing can help smaller companies take down giant competitors in the game of marketing.
- Thanks to MIT Technology Review’s “Emerging Technology From the arXiv” blog (@arxivblog), you can learn the six emotional arcs history’s greatest storytellers have used to connect with their audiences.
- Everyone loves a great collection of statistics, and Sujan Patel (@sujanpatel) doesn’t disappoint. You’ll be surprised just how few content marketers know what’s effective — and great opportunities to get ahead of the competition.
- If you’re a newbie when it comes to influencer marketing, this guide from Misha Talavera (@MishaTalavera) will give you a great introduction to how it works.
- Almost 9 in 10 marketers use influencer marketing as part of their digital marketing strategies. Get ahead of competitors by avoiding these pitfalls as explained by Maria Sipka (@linqia).
- When you’re looking to partner with an influencer, don’t get blinded by the follower count. Check out these tips for choosing the right influencers to promote your brand, courtesy of Peter Dakich (@GlassViewMedia).
- If you craft the perfect social media post, and SEO isn’t on your radar, you could be losing out on ways to connect with your audience. Marcia Riefer Johnston (@MarciaRJohnston) explains.
- Make your Instagram feed more than just a stream of pretty pictures. Kevin Donnelly (@_kdonnelly) explains how to use Instagram to boost your online sales.
- Lee Odden (@LeeOdden) explains nine big trends that will shape the future of social media marketing.
- Using social media for your business, but not on Snapchat yet? Brian Honigman (@BrianHonigman) for Digital Current explains why and how you should be incorporating a Snapchat geofilter campaign into your digital marketing efforts.
- Instead of demanding a lot of customer information upfront, use progressive profiling to slowly acquire customer details while enticing them back to your website. Aleks Peterson (@alekspeterson) tells you how.
- Maybe it’s time to rethink the testing strategy you’ve been using to optimize your web pages. Daniel Sims (@danieljsims1) explains how to break out of your rut and get real actionable intelligence from your pages.
- Build recipes for user experiences and focus on the elements driving conversion on your site. Jamie Brighton (@jamiebrighton) shares tips for using A/B and multivariate testing to optimize your conversion funnel.
…And Something Technical for SEO Geeks
- Check out this in-depth review of all things trending in structured data markup, as explained by Eric Enge (@stonetemple).
Don’t waste your time scouring the web for the best digital marketing tips — let us do the work for you. Subscribe to the Digital Current newsletter now.