This week in digital marketing, learn about using Google Featured Snippets to rank zero, read about the top five content marketing trends so far in 2016, discover influencer marketing campaigns anyone can imitate, and more.
- Getting to first in the organic search rankings is amazing, but you can get even higher without paying for AdWords. Check out this lowdown on Google Featured Snippets by Dr. Peter J. Meyers (@dr_pete) and discover how to be a hero by ranking zero.
- Using redirects instead of deleting is usually the right idea, but there are consequences for redirecting to less relevant pages. Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) explains.
- Updating on-page content has big benefits for local search, and those benefits kick in quickly. Check out the results from this BrightLocal survey, explained by Myles Anderson (@bright_local).
- Struggling to get your ecommerce site noticed? Jimmy R. (@dbjim21) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) provides proven SEO strategies to improve your discoverability and conversions.
- What’s hot so far when it comes to content marketing in 2016? As the year passes its halfway point, Michael Brenner (@BrennerMichael) reveals the top five content marketing trends shaping the industry.
- Get ready to master content marketing for the ecommerce company with digital marketing solutions from Steve Olenski (@SteveOlenski).
- Is your content marketing delivering actual bang for your buck? These 10 content marketing metrics, compiled by Aaron Agius (@IAmAaronAgius), will reveal the effectiveness of your content marketing strategy.
- Whether you’re mulling over your first influence marketing campaign or figuring out how to get actual results from your efforts, these four successful influencer marketing campaigns, broken down by Shane Barker (@shane_barker), will show you how it’s done.
- Don’t have thousands of dollars to pay influencers to market your products? Influencer marketing is still within your reach. Check out tips from Billy Bones (@billybonestx) for launching a high-powered influencer marketing campaign on a tight budget.
- People want to work with influencers because they know how to get the word out to their communities. Learn four ways to amplify your content the way influencers do it, as explained by Andrea Lehr (@AndreaMLehr).
- Put your mobile site to work and start getting more mobile conversions with these tips from Ayat Shukairy (@ayat).
- Looking for better ways to qualify your leads? Try learning something about them before asking for their information. Kara Widdison (@kwiddison28) explains how to use interactive content to qualify leads and boost conversions.
- Use proven website design strategies to boost your conversion rates. Check out this second article in a multi-part series from Fiona Leung (@advisorwebsites).
- Not getting the results you want from advertising? Shabana Arora (@ShabsMTA) explains how when advertising falls short, social media marketing can make up ground, providing much needed digital marketing solutions for your business.
- Southwest Airlines had a big screw-up that led to 2,000 cancelled flights. Jay Baer (@jaybaer) breaks down the ways Southwest’s customer service team used social media crisis for management.
- Is your social media marketing going nowhere? Instead of looking for the latest greatest strategy, take your social media marketing back to basics. Keith Quesenberry (@Kquesen) tells you how.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Digital Current newsletter to get a quick digest of exclusive SEO news, content marketing tips, social media tactics and more. Tune in next week for another recap of the latest news and insights in digital marketing.