Stay ahead of the digital marketing game with the content that got our attention last week, fresh from the brains of top SEO, content marketing, conversion optimization, and social media marketing practitioners.
- Ryan Shelley (@ryan_shelley) knows SEO specialists and businesses are always looking for new and unexpected keyword ideas. To boost your brainstorming, check out these seven types of keywords that can boost your SEO strategy.
- SEO experts always say to keep fresh content on your domains, but does it really make a difference in terms of your search rankings? Cyrus Shepard (@cyrusshepard) says “yes” and explains how.
- Is Google the first place people go to search for products? Not necessarily! Greg Sterling (@gsterling) reports.
- Organizations produced 34 percent more content in 2015 over the previous year, but overall engagement dropped 17 percent. Have we reached a saturation point? Find out what Valerie Levin (@val_levin) has to say.
- In content marketing, as in life, you get what you pay for. But you can shave some of your costs without sacrificing quality. Larry Alton (@LarryAlton3) has more.
- If you’re like most people, you rely on certain metrics for content marketing. Are those metrics giving you the insights you really need? Discover why your current metrics may not be telling you what you need to know according to Priit Kallas (@dreamgrow).
- Check out 14 expert tips on conversion optimization for your site, compiled by Jonathan Emmen (@JonnyEmmen).
- The times they are a changin’ — and so is the path by which leads become customers. Find out new ways to woo the modern customer from Chris Hunt (@CatapultMktg).
- What telltale signs indicate your website visitor is about to leave? Jonathan Friedman (@Reactful) explains three ways to tell they’re just not that into you.
- Bad news for publishers: Facebook is adjusting its News Feed to show more content from friends and family and less content from you. Marty Swant has the lowdown.
- All the cool kids are using Snapchat, and you should be, too! Eric Siu (@ericosiu) has 10 tips to get your business started with Snapchat.
- Want to create awesome social media visuals to go with your posts, but you know you’re not a designer? Donna Moritz (@sociallysorted) profiles three new tools you can use to create social media graphics.
…And a Little Something Extra
This week, we also saw two infographics worth checking out:
- Ayaz Nanji (@ayaznanji) of MarketingProfs shared this infographic explaining how brands and small businesses are getting the most out of video marketing.
- You’re giving people content, but are you giving them the content they crave? This infographic from Scott Aughtmon (@rampbusiness) helps you pinpoint what people really want to see from you.
Subscribe to Digital Current’s newsletter to get digital marketing tips proven to generate results for your business. And don’t forget to tune in next week to catch more of the web’s best marketing insights, and see what you missed from last week’s roundup.