Learn about Google’s search index changes, how influencer marketing remains viable, and CRO tips from the pros.
Ready for your periodic dose of digital marketing insight? Here’s a list of the best articles we’ve seen lately, fresh from the top thinkers in digital marketing.
- Google is dividing its search index into mobile and desktop versions, with mobile being its primary vehicle for answering queries. Find out what this means for you, courtesy of Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick).
- Marketers too often ignore video’s SEO superpower: its ability to attract backlinks. Sagi Solomon (@SolomonSagi) explains how to leverage video for SEO.
- Discover how a new partnership between Yext and Uber could yield new tools for tracking your local SEO ROI. Lydia Jorden (@greystonetech) explains.
- Still wondering about the Penguin 4.0 update Google rolled out recently? Jimmy R. (@dbjim21) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) thoroughly examines the latest algorithm update.
- Creating more content at the expense of quality isn’t necessarily a better strategy. Stewart Rogers (@TheRealSJR) explains why engagement KPIs, not volume, should guide your content creation.
- Even though more isn’t always better, it’s good to know you can crank out content quickly when it’s warranted. These nine tips from Andrew Raso (@andrewraso1) will speed up your content creation.
- If you subscribe to the idea that we learned everything we needed to know in kindergarten, then you’ll appreciate these six questions from elementary school, compiled by Rachel Lindteigen (@Rachelindteigen), that can help you create better content.
- Eight CRO tips — straight from top CRO gurus, courtesy of John Rampton (@johnrampton).
- You may be tracking customer touchpoints in your own conversion channels, but do you really understand attribution from outside channels and multiple devices? Christi Olson (@christijolson) has tips on building a more holistic attribution model.
- Do you want big returns on CRO? Go beyond A/B testing and optimize your user flow. Get the inside scoop from Mike Halligan (@MrMikeHalligan).
- Influencer marketing isn’t dead; you’re just doing it wrong. Brendan Lattrell (@brendanlattrell) explains how to avoid the pitfalls — and how to make your influencer spend count.
- Is it worth it to go for the big influencers when a dedicated niche influencer could have a bigger impact? Ayesha Salim (@Ayes_Sal) explains the power of the micro-influencer.
- Your social media strategy could expose your business to cybersecurity risks. These tips from Brian Reed (@reed_on_the_run) can keep attackers from using your social media accounts to penetrate your network.
- Despite shrinking organic reach, Facebook is still an incredibly popular social media marketing channel. Follow these suggestions from Ryan Stewart (@ryanwashere) to build a Facebook funnel that gets results.
- Yes, there are B2B use cases for Snapchat and Instagram. Sarah Patrick (@smaypat) explains.
A Peek Into the Future
- Virtual reality could be coming to content marketing. Will you be ready? Get ahead of the game by checking out what Juliet Stott (@JulietStott) says will be the content marketing trend of 2017.
To get more digital marketing insights from our experts, sign up for Digital Current’s monthly newsletter. And as always, check back periodically for our roundup of the latest digital marketing news.