This week we cover a possible Facebook Mobilegeddon, Microsoft’s claims that Google is feeling the heat from Bing, Neil Patel provides 35 blog post ideas, and more. Take a look at our latest roundup of the hottest digital marketing news from the last two weeks.
- Who’s beating whom in the search engine competition? Only one thing is certain: Google still reigns supreme. Overall, Bing’s market share, according to Matt Southern of Search Engine Journal (@SEJournal), is flat at 10 percent of overall search engine share. Microsoft claims people use Bing for 21.9 percent of desktop searches, and Bing has surpassed 20 percent market share in the U.K.
- Could voice search spell the end of search engines? It depends on whom you ask. Lisa Lacy (@lisalacy) reports.
- Brian Harnish (@brianharnish) brings you a detailed report on five free Chrome extensions SEO practitioners can’t live without.
- Are you taking advantage of seasonality when it comes to ecommerce SEO? Brian Honigman (@brianhonigman), writing for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent), explains how implementing seasonal SEO campaigns could give you a boost over your competitors.
- Is your blog getting stagnant? Check out these 35 ideas for blog posts, guaranteed to be popular, from Neil Patel (@neilpatel).
- Are you creating content that your audience trusts? Brian Sutter (@SmallBizBrian) reveals a new Nielsen poll on which sources audiences find most trustworthy, broken down by generation, and offers suggestions for using content marketing to build authority and trust in your brand.
- Most marketers suggest creating content only for your target audience. Moz’s Rand Fishkin (@randfish) discusses how such a narrow focus lets opportunity pass you by.
- Boost conversion on your WordPress site with these 12 conversion optimization plug-ins, courtesy of Adam Connell (@wpsuperstars).
- If you enjoyed that listicle, you’ll also appreciate this collection of 36 landing page designs, broken down and critiqued by Oli Gardner (@oligardner).
- Get the secrets of CRO for e-commerce from Thomas Mazur as interviewed by Nitin Deshdeep (@VWO).
- According to Andrew Hutchinson (@adhutchinson), Facebook has launched a feature called prefetching to help mobile advertiser content load more quickly. The post also includes a warning that points to a potential Facebook Mobilegeddon.
- Curious about using Facebook Messenger chatbots to drive your marketing? Get an overview from Sumit Ghosh (@sumitgh85).
- One of the best ways to stay consistent with social media posting is to get into a routine. This list of 10 types of social media posts to schedule, shared by Andrew Raso (@marketinggurus3), will ensure you never run out of ideas.
…And a Little Something Extra
- Those youth today! You may like to complain about them, but they hold the key to your company’s future. Check out this list of 10 youth marketing blogs you should be following. They’ll unveil what’s to come in the world of marketing — a world in which there are only trophies for winning, not just for showing up.
Come back in a couple of weeks to check out another roundup of the best articles related to digital marketing. Also, don’t miss out on the latest marketing news from our team of experts. Sign up for the Digital Current newsletter.