In this week’s Digital Weekly, learn what SEO trends marketers think will shape the digital marketing landscape in 2017, what sitelink changes Google just made, and more.
It’s mid-December, which can only mean one thing: Everyone’s trying to predict what 2017 will bring. We bring you the predicted content marketing, social media, and SEO trends for 2017 as well as some insights that may shape your New Year’s digital marketing resolutions.
- What’s coming for SEO in 2017? In a nutshell, machine learning is reshaping the way Google operates. From the growing importance of voice search to optimizing for user intent, Pratik Dholakiya (@DholakiyaPratik) offers his forecast for SEO trends in 2017.
- Google has dished up some changes to organic sitelinks, which has some businesses worried about search traffic. Should you be concerned? Melody Petula (@melpetulla) has the scoop.
- Could creating more content actually decrease search traffic? Conrad Saam (@conradsaam) says yes, and shows some case studies to back it up.
- Speaking of too much content, check out Marcus Miller’s (@marcusbowlerhat) article on how duplicate content creates canonical chaos.
- A look back on the year in local search — Wesley Young (@localsearchassn) has a list of local SEO lessons learned in 2016.
- Gaze into Bryan Kramer‘s (@bryankramer) crystal ball to get more 2017 predictions for content marketing and social media.
- Make 2017 the year of video. Try out these 20 tools for video content marketing, compiled by Shivendra Tiwari (@writerShivendra).
- CopyPress interviewed 300 people who work in content marketing to get their perspective on the current state of the content marketing industry. Check out this article and infographic from Rina Caballar (@rinadianewrites).
- Those who have proclaimed the death of influencer marketing should think again. Shane Barker (@shane_barker) shares five benefits of working with social media influencers.
- Have you been considering trying a program to automate influencer marketing? Maria Sipka (@mariasipka) compares self-service influencer marketing automation with turnkey programs. For more, check out Digital Current’s reviews of 10 influencer marketing outreach tools.
- If you don’t have budget to pay big influencers to promote your products, you can still talk to influencers who have small but highly dedicated followers. Check out this report on the power of micro-influencers from Business Insider Intelligence (@BIIntelligence).
- Do you have big league ambitions for social media, even though you run a small business? Check out Dara Fontein’s (@deefontein) seven big business social media tricks, adapted for smaller companies.
- If your social media marketing strategy is all over the place, Makenzie Bonham (@makenziebonham) has five tips for a focused social media strategy.
- For people looking for the best social media marketing tools, Aaron Orendorff (@iconiContent) has prepared a mega-list of the 50 best social media tools, according to 50 social media experts.
…And a Little Something Extra
- If the machines are influencing search engine responses and rankings now more than ever before, how does an SEO specialist perform keyword research in a RankBrain world? Dr. Peter J. Meyers (@dr_pete) has your comprehensive guide to keyword research in the modern age.
Stay tuned to the Digital Current blog for ongoing coverage of the top news in digital marketing. No time to tune in weekly? Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get the best of the best from our digital marketing dream team.