We’ve compiled the best digital marketing articles from around the web to bring you fresh news and insights from the worlds of SEO, content marketing, conversation rate optimization, and social media.
- Is technical SEO really just makeup, or is it a vital ingredient for cooking up better search results? Patrick Hathaway (@HathawayP) says that for SEO specialists, ignoring technical SEO is akin to professional negligence.
- Want to know the number-one question you should be asking your local SEO clients? Greg Gifford (@greggifford) has it covered.
- Long-tail keywords are critical to helping your site draw more organic search traffic, often from visitors with a stronger intent or a more specific objective. Jo Cameron (@wildfowldesigns) provides an in-depth look at long-tail keywords and how you can make them work for your domains.
- Think mobile search isn’t important? If your site isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re leaving money on the table. According to Invoca’s Call Intelligence Index, mobile search led to nearly half of all phone calls to businesses in 2015. Danny Goodwin (@DannyNMIGoodwin) has more on the importance of mobile SEO.
- The five content marketing tactics you’re still getting wrong, courtesy of Mary C. Long (@MaryCLong). The biggest one? Assuming that content marketing doesn’t apply to your business.
- Content marketing isn’t just about creating high-quality blogs and other content. You have to distribute and promote it. This introduction to content promotion strategy by Aaron Agius (@IAmAaronAgius) will help you get started.
- Looking to include user-generated gems in your content marketing? Joanna Alter (@alterjoanna) spells out five mistakes you need to avoid.
- For every $92 spent acquiring new customers, only $1 is spent converting them. Check out these and other conversion rate optimization stats from Session Cam (@sessioncam).
- Check out these steps for removing obstacles from your website’s conversion funnel, provided by Jacob Firuta (@JFiruta).
- Have you noticed you’re seeing more and more requests from websites asking if it’s okay to send you push notifications? Anand Kansal (@anandkansal88) discusses how your domain can use push notifications to get more conversions on your web pages.
- Depressing stat: only 41 percent of people who share articles on social media actually read them. In fact Mashable’s Twitter account, which has 7 million followers, only achieves a 0.11 percent click-through rate on links. Should you ditch social? Christopher Ratcliff (@Christophe_Rock) still says “no.”
- Want to give Facebook Instant Articles a shot? Read a synopsis and listen to this podcast featuring Leslie Samuel (@lesliesamuel) of “Become a Blogger” to learn the ins and outs.
- Learn how to use social media analytics to make better business decisions, including discovering which networks are worth your time and how your customers interact with your business online. Kristi Hines (@kikolani) has the scoop.
Tune in next week for another roundup of the latest insights into digital marketing! Also, subscribe to our newsletter to stay in tune with the latest content from the Digital Current blog.