This week, discover how to rank for image search, how to integrate user experience with link building, 3 technical SEO mistakes to avoid, & more.
Organic search marketing and content marketing are becoming more image driven, and brands should be thinking about ranking for images in addition to ranking for text. Some of the best thinkers in digital marketing tackle these challenges and more in our Digital Weekly.
- One-third of all Google searches are searches for images. Rand Fishkin (@randfish) talks about how to perform SEO for photos, visuals, and graphics so you can rank for Google image search. For tips on creating great images, check out Brian Honigman’s (@BrianHonigman) post on creating captivating visuals for social media and beyond.
- Bing allows people who search for images to shop for the item using an icon presented within the image. Christi Olson (@ChristiJOlson) explains how it works and how marketers can take advantage of this feature to sell their products.
- Learn how to use canonical tags to deal with duplicate content issues. Patrick Stox (@patrickstox) explains how.
- SEO can be tricky, but technical SEO even more so. Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) reveals three embarrassing technical SEO mistakes you must avoid.
- Make user experience and link building work hand in hand as part of your SEO strategy. David Farkas (@DovidFarkas) has the scoop.
- Check out Andrew Dennis’s (@AndrewDennis33) three-part series on link building for authority versus relevance. Is one better than the other? Under what circumstances does one method prevail? Discover what the experts have to say.
- Are your pages loading slowly, and is this hurting your search rankings? Benjamin Estes (@BenjaminEstes) explains how to go beyond PageSpeed insights to diagnose what’s causng slow-loading content.
- Writing style matters a lot when it comes to content marketing — and that’s why you need to cultivate relationships with talented writers instead of paying for bargain-basement, paint-by-numbers content. Mark Traphagen (@marktraphagen) discusses.
- A style guide for content marketing helps your team develop a unified brand message. Sasha Laferte (@SashaLaferte) explains how to put it all together.
- You know video is the next big focus for content creation. Have you thought about creating interactive videos? Check out these three examples compiled by Adam Hayes (@wyzowl).
- Here are two pieces on how to use video more effectively: an article about improving YouTube video performance, by Aleh Barysevich (@ab80), and a podcast interview with Jay Baer (@jaybaer) on Facebook video for marketers.
Social Media Marketing
- Half of small businesses have a Facebook page. Of those, only half think Facebook brings business value — but at the same time, 58 percent spend less than an hour per week on their pages. Manta (@Manta) breaks it down.
- Do you struggle to compose effective social media posts? Amanda Zantal-Weiner (@amanda_zw) explains how to serve up effective copy for five social networks.
- Are you effectively using social media to promote your blog posts? Get tips for increasing your readership thanks to social networks, from Melanie Tamble (@Melanie_Tamble)
- Instagram is beating Snapchat at its own game. Tom Ward (@motdraw1) gives five reasons why.
- How can smaller companies compete against corporate behemoths? Not surprisingly, digital marketing holds a lot of solutions. Aden Andrus (@AdenAndrus) has tips on how to edge out the big guys, from digital marketing tactics to business approaches.
…And a Little Something Extra
- Email marketing has been proven to have the ability to generate one of the highest ROIs compared to other marketing channels. Want to know exactly how much? Check out this new email marketing ROI tool from Sleeknote (@Sleeknotecom)
Need SEO and content marketing that really works for your business? It’s time to contact the pros. Get a free strategy evaluation from Digital Current.