Learn how AMP has become integral for organic search, how to draw in millennials with content marketing, & so much more!
After a couple weeks off, we return to look at how automation and big data are becoming a part of digital marketing. We also explore ways to deepen human connections through content marketing. Let’s get started.
- You probably invest a lot in white papers, e-books, and other downloadable content; you deserve to get SEO benefits from them, too. Clark Boyd (@ClarkBoyd) has 10 tips for making PDFs SEO friendly.
- For publishers that break news, or those who rely on sharing viral content, being first is everything. Barb Palser (@barb_palser) explains how, for these publishers, AMP is becoming indispensable for winning at organic search.
- You know about localizing content and metadata to boost local search results, but have you thought about how location data can boost conversion? Wesley Young (@localsearchassn) has the scoop.
- Millennials are America’s biggest demographic group. They have $1.4 trillion in disposable income — and it’s no wonder marketers want some of it. Joe Escobedo (@RealJoeEscobedo) explains how to woo millennials with content marketing.
- How does a stinky fish video help a Colorado insurance agent sell policies? Jen Schrauben (@JenJSchrauben) explains how getting more personal with your content marketing can be extremely profitable.
- Video content is all the rage right now, but Jacob Johnson (@gitwitcreative) makes the sober argument that marketers are drunk on video content and sometimes unrealistic about what it can do.
- When you create B2B content, it’s tempting to think in terms of format — I need 10 case studies now! — instead of starting with a vision. Be bolder, says Brody Dorland (@brodydorland), and that’s just one of his five tips on building better B2B content experiences.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Do you really understand what makes your digital media convert? David Booth (@davidabooth) explains how to measure digital media effectiveness so you know whether it’s turning viewers into customers.
- When it comes to building landing pages, Greetje den Holder (@GdenHolder) has a lot of tips for getting more conversions, including minimizing ways to navigate away and only give visitors one conversion option.
- Do you know that more of your customers use multiple devices to research and learn about products before making purchases? Learn the five steps your business should follow to understand the multi-channel conversion paths of your customers from Sam Hurley (@Sam__Hurley) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent).
- Instead of measuring influencer campaigns according to earned media value, data science makes it possible to connect influencer campaigns to actual revenue. Bill Sussman (@BillGSussman) explains.
- Does software make searching for ideal influencers just as easy as searching for plane tickets? Tim Peterson (@petersontee) has his doubts, and he explains why influencer marketing campaigns need human legwork.
Social Media Marketing
- Automation has come to social media marketing. So, what can the bots do — and what should you leave to the humans? Paroma Sen (@ParomaSen) has more.
- Check out these great social media campaigns from the past year, courtesy of Nikki Gilliland (@Nikki_Gilliland).
- Are you eager to embrace social media marketing, but afraid of embarrassing your business? Sherry Gray (@SherrySaid) explains how to avoid social media bloopers.
- Instagram remains a popular social media channel, but is your brand taking advantage? Use this ultimate list of 71 Instagram tools from Ericson Da Silva (@ericson_ds) to boost your presence and draw in more customers.
…And a Little Something Extra
- Where does SEO stand in mid-2017? What’s essential today, and what’s no longer important? Venture Beat interviews Rand Fishkin (@RandFishkin) on the current state of SEO.
- Considering where to put your marketing spend, SEO or social media? Brian Honigman (@BrianHonigman) has a list of the pros and cons of both.
- A Digital Examiner survey found that 45 percent of SMBs don’t measure their digital marketing ROI. Cobhan Phillipson (@Cobhan10) explains how to measure your ROI to better understand your digital marketing spend.
Ensure your company is prepared to handle the ever-changing digital marketing landscape with Digital Current. Get a free SEO evaluation today.