What’s Google targeting next in its latest attempt to improve its search rankings? How can you create content that gets attention from the Big Boss? Check out these topics and more — plus get a sneak peek into the future — from the latest digital marketing news.
- It’s time to ix-nay the intrusive mobile pop-ups before Google turns your mobile-friendly smile upside down. Frederic Lardinois (@fredericl) has the details.
- AdSense has eliminated its limits on ads per page. You may be able to squeeze in more ads, but does adding more ads have a negative effect on your search rankings? Kristine Schachinger (@schachin) reports.
- Is it time to find a new link building provider? Or if you’re a link building specialist, is it time to dump a client? Learn when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em with Julie Joyce (@JulieJoyce).
- SEO enterprise platforms: are they still worth it? Get some analysis from Ian Bowden (@bowdeni86), and check out Digital Current’s review of the best enterprise SEO tools.
- Now that Content Marketing World has wrapped up, Lee Odden (@LeeOdden) has compiled a list of the top 50 content marketing influencers.
- You have a customer-focused content marketing strategy, but have you thought about creating content for your company’s executives? Roanne Neuwirth (@RoanneNeuwirth) shows you how.
- Check out Matthew Barby’s (@MatthewBarby) article on how to mine your social media feeds, organic search stats, and online forums to generate new content ideas.
- Check out these 19 tools for creating content to share on social media, compiled by Alex Navarro (@Distribion).
- When it comes to B2B social media strategy, Tamara Weintraub (@tamweintraub) says there are six key mistakes you should avoid.
- Are your Snapchat stories getting bypassed? Use these seven tips, shared by Peter Gartland (@AndrewandPete) to keep people focused on your content.
- Get the latest on the state of social media marketing, shared in this handy infographic from Marketing Profs, as reported by Veronica Jarski (@Veronica_Jarski).
- SEMrush recently had a Twitter chat on incorporating consumer psychology into CRO. Find out what experts like Talia Wood (@TaliaGw) and Ryan Johnson (@rsj8000) had to say.
- Are you ready to let a computer do your CRO for you? Shabana Arora (@ShabsMTA) reports on Sentient Ascent, a new AI tool for creating page designs that convert.
Speaking of the Future…
In addition to letting robots take over your landing page designs, check out these news stories that give you a glimpse into the future of digital marketing and marketing tools.
- Google does a lot more than tweak its search algorithm and empty your advertising budget. Jeremy Khan (@jeremyakhan) reports on Google’s new natural language tool that generates human-like speech — and if they can generate better human speech, you can bet that Google thinks semantic search is here for the long haul.
- Are you ready to create augmented reality content? There’s an app for that, as explained by Venture Beat’s Dean Takahashi (@deantak).
Don’t let the future of digital marketing pass you by. Sign up for Digital Current’s monthly newsletter, and keep checking back for the latest in digital marketing news.