This week in digital marketing, learn about the value of on-site search, using more video and other visuals in your content marketing, and even more SEO trends for 2017.
If you’re like most people, you were not sad to bid farewell to an eventful 2016. Let’s explore what’s new in digital marketing news to kick off the New Year, starting with hot trends in SEO and concluding with some insider secrets for finding the perfect influencer to market your business.
- From branded URLs to the rise of artificial intelligence, Vikas Agrawal (@Infobrandz) reveals the top SEO tends of 2017. For an alternate viewpoint, check out this list of seven vital SEO trends from Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent).
- Eighty-four percent of brands don’t pay attention to on-site search. JP Sherman (@jpsherman) says that’s a big mistake — after all, 3 out of 10 visitors will search through your pages.
- Perform some free, DIY SEO audits using Chrome’s DevTools. Aleyda Solis (@aleyda) explains how.
- Are you launching a startup? Get SEO right from the get-go with this Whiteboard Friday tutorial about how to kick-start an SEO audit, courtesy of Rand Fishkin (@randfish).
- Thinking of jumping into more long-form content to boost engagement in the New Year? Neil Patel (@neilpatel) has a step-by-step guide for producing a 3,000-word article on any subject.
- Live video is poised to shape content marketing in 2017. Listen to this podcast interview with Brian Fanzo (@iSocialFanz) to find out where live video marketing is headed.
- Curious about 360-degree videos? This guide from Rich Drees (@richdrees) gives you tips for adding 360 to your 2017 content marketing strategy.
- It’s easy to market something flashy or trendy on social media. But what if your brand is, well, not exactly exciting? Don’t fret — boring is in the eye of the beholder! Check out Hootsuite’s (@hootsuite) blog post for seven tips to market a boring brand on social media.
- Shake up your 2017 strategy by running a social media contest! Eric Sachs (@EricSachs_SEO) has 21 tips for making it happen.
- When LinkedIn killed testimonials, businesses and professionals lost thousands of hours of valuable content. Don’t let changes to a social media platform wipe out the content you’ve created and shared. Kristi Hines (@kikolani) gives you tips for backing up your social media content.
- It’s 2017 — let’s get visual! Andrew Raso (@andrewraso1) gives you 10 visual marketing tips to boost engagement on your social channels.
- Want to get noticed by the country’s top chief marketing officers? Start building relationships with the top 20 influencers of CMOs. Kimberly Whitler (@KimWhitler) has the list.
- Choose the perfect influencer to market your business in 2017. John Rampton (@johnrampton) explains how it’s done.
A Little Something Extra: Best of the Best
Ready for some fresh points of view in 2017? In addition to reading the Digital Current blog,
- Check out this list of the top brand marketers you should be following on LinkedIn.
- Read this compilation of 31 influencers to follow in 2017, courtesy of Ellen Gomes (@egomes1019).
Subscribe to the Digital Current monthly newsletter to get our top blog posts delivered to your inbox. As always, check back with the Digital Current blog to get the latest digital marketing news.