This week learn about Google’s “Fred” update, link building strategies for 2017, spring cleaning for your social media strategy, and more.
Check out great tips for boosting your content marketing strategy with beautifully designed data, CRO tips from eight gurus, and how to spot influencers who can really deliver for your business in this action-packed edition of Digital Weekly.
- Google had an unconfirmed update that industry experts have nicknamed “Fred,” which seems to target low-value, ad-riddled sites. Get the scoop from Cornelia Cozmiuc (@cognitiveSEO).
- Do you need to take your website offline, whether for maintenance or retooling? Google’s John Mueller (@JohnMu) explains the best ways to close your domain down for a day, without hurting your search rankings.
- Why does boosting your search rankings take so long? If you own a business, Matt Bowman’s (@bowmantown) insights will help you understand the process. If you’re an SEO provider, use these words to reassure anxious clients.
- Use these three link building boosters from Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) to improve your search engine rankings in 2017.
- Looking for visual unity for your blog post or other piece of content? Flickr’s new similarity search feature, explained by Amy Gesenhues (@AmyGesenhues), helps you find visually similar Flickr photos to create a theme.
- These awesome technology tools for content marketing will help you with strategy, ideation, and distribution. Jacob Warwick (@jacobwarwick) explains.
- Learn about great visual design with data with these slides from Seth Familian (@sethfam1).
- Check out these five ways to add variety to your YouTube channel, via Ana Gotter (@ana_gotter).
- Trying to get your company to get behind content marketing? Brian Honigman (@brianhonigman) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) has a guide for how to best get your C-suite to buy-in.
- Does spending on high-quality content improve SEO? Dave Davies (@beanstalkim) says yes, and he has some numbers to prove it.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Eight CRO gurus discuss their dazzling conversion rate optimization tips, compiled by John Rampton (@johnrampton).
- These 12 easy-to-use landing page and form builders, courtesy of Tom Pick (@TomPick), can help you improve conversion without in-depth coding knowledge.
- What’s the secret sauce behind the perfect landing page? MECLABS unlocked five factors that affect landing page conversion, broken down for you by Daniel Burstein (@DanielBurstein).
- How can you spot a real influencer vs. someone who claims to be an influencer, but can’t deliver for your marketing strategy? John Hall (@johnhall) breaks down how to spot a legitimate influencer.
- Even businesses without a big budget can reap the benefits of influencer marketing. This guide from Sophia Bernazzani (@soph_bern) provides a comprehensive guide to micro-influencer marketing.
Social Media Marketing
- It’s time to spring clean your social media marketing strategy. Julie Chomiak (@juliepchomiak) provides a step-by-step guide.
- Discover the do’s and don’ts of reaching millennials via social media, courtesy of Courtney Simpson (@STARTEKGlobal).
Great Marketers to Follow
- During Women’s History Month, follow these 50 women in marketing for a fresh take on getting digital marketing right.
Have you been searching for a digital marketing mix that really works? It’s time to call in the experts. Get a digital marketing strategy proposal with fast, actionable results from the Digital Current team.