This week in digital marketing, learn about the possible future of SEO, the rise of interactive content marketing, crucial conversion optimization considerations, and more.
It’s a changing world out there, and digital marketing is no exception. This week, we’re looking ahead to how emerging technologies are changing digital marketing. Plus, check out some incredible social media wins from Super Bowl Sunday.
- Can content marketing actually generate a high number of quality backlinks? Should your SEO strategy even lead with content? Chris Liversidge (@liversidge) challenges your assumptions.
- Content keywords are gone in Google Search Console. What does that mean for your SEO strategy, and should you even worry about keywords anymore? Iris Hearn (@irisraehearn) explains.
- These five old-school on-page SEO rules, including keyword density, need to go away. Rand Fishkin (@RandFish) has more on why your SEO strategy can’t stop with your Yoast plug-in.
- The key concept for content marketing in 2017 is “interactive.” Lin Grensing-Pophal (@LinWriter) discusses the benefits of giving readers something to interact with as you create content, from simple quizzes to emerging augmented reality technology.
- Another key idea for 2017 is that content has to be personal. Check out Michael Brenner’s (@BrennerMichael) discussion of the content marketing personalization imperative — you’re not creating for a mass audience anymore.
- Want to build an authority blog? With a little content marketing know-how, you can. Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) for Digital Current (@digitalcurrent) explains how to earn authority with your blog.
- Could Amazon Echo and Google Home, along with voice search, drive the creation of more audio content? David Kirkpatrick (@davidkonline) makes the case for creating audio content beyond your weekly podcast.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- Are you guilty of these conversion-killing crimes? Sam Hurley (@Sam___Hurley) explains how you’re destroying conversion potential and what you can do about them.
- Make these five necessary updates to your conversion strategy in 2017. Nazli Yuzak (@NazliYuzak) has more.
- How is influencer marketing evolving for the next generation? Ellen Gomes (@egomes1019) highlights the trends from TopRank’s Influencer 2.0 report.
- Never underestimate the power of micro-influencers on Instagram. Shane Barker (@shane_barker) outlines the pitfalls and potential of these small-scale partnerships.
Social Media Marketing
- If you’re like a lot of people, you watched the Super Bowl on your television with one eye, and your other eye was on a second screen. Ashley Zeckman (@azeckman) outlines 20 brands that won at social media on Super Bowl Sunday.
- You may have heard of programmatic ad buys, but have you considered the potential of programmatic social media and native advertising? Keith Quesenberry (@Kquesen) breaks it down.
- Brands are using Facebook Messenger bots to assist customers on their social channels. Aaron Agius (@IAmAaronAgius) explains what you can learn from five brands that are getting more from Messenger.
…And a Little Something Extra
- Machine learning is redefining how Google views quality content. Eric Enge (@StoneTemple) has five actionable changes that will improve content quality to human — and not so human — eyes.
- How is artificial intelligence going to affect SEO in the future? Experts including Larry Kim (@larrykim), Aley Barysevich (@ab80) and Sam Mallikarjunan (@Mallikarjunan) weigh in.
Are you getting the most from your digital marketing strategy? It’s not too late to start. Get a fast, actionable digital marketing strategy proposal and make 2017 the year you win at marketing.